The Baby Therapy Centre (BTC) is an Early Childhood Intervention (ECI) Centre and registered Non-Profit Organization (NPO), based in Lynnwood, Pretoria that provides therapy for children with special needs from birth to the age of three years old. We prioritise therapy at the earliest age at the time of most rapid brain development so that we can achieve maximum results.
Our services include:
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech-Language and Feeding Therapy
- Music Therapy
Our child and family-centred approach include, but is not limited to:
- Individual therapy sessions.
- Group therapy sessions, often including the participation of parents and caretakers to promote their learning and interaction skills.
The combination of the above services enables us to manage the following conditions successfully:
- Developmental screening
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Cerebral Palsy and other neurological conditions
- Congenital Syndromes
- Developmental delays
- Feeding disorders
- Genetic disorders (e.g. Down Syndrome)
- Sensory processing disorders
- Speech- and language delays
- Visual impairment
There is an immense need to not only provide these services to all parents (including disadvantaged communities who don’t have immediate access to quality medical care) but to also educate and train the staff of neonatal units at hospitals. In addition to our therapy service, BTC has made it our mission to educate caretakers in the appropriate care and treatment of children with special needs.